Salary not given by employer after notice - how to recover

I resigned from my job after proper communication. But due to my illness, I couldn't attend office for a week after resigning. I was ready to serve notice period of one month after I joined office and same had communicated to employer before taking leave. But they didn't allow me serve notice period and asking me to pay one month salary to company. They are denying to pay my incentives which are pending from 2 months before my resignation. Though incentives are not mentioned in my appointment letter. please guide me what should I do?

Answers (1)

271 votes

The initial step for recovery of your pending money is to send a legal notice to the company.

In the legal notice we provide a stipulated time to return the money failing to do so, you would require to file a civil suit for recovery in the concerned civil court. Please note that you will have to pay the corresponding court fee as per the amount of recovery to file the recovery suit.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles