Salary cheque stopped by the employer

28-Apr-2023 (In Labour & Service Law)
My company terminated my service and gave me 10 days in advance full month salary cheque and I was not expected to come till the last day of month.I presented the cheque to bank and it returned back with reason Stopped by drawer. HR dept issue me a warning that i have breached the non disclosure agreement and unless i tender a written apology my cheque will be stopped for payment. A copy of non disclosure agreement not given to me. Under what section i can get the payment back and along . Can breaching of Non Disclosure hamper my salary payment. Please advice course of action.
Answers (2)

Answer #1
860 votes
This is my response to you:
1. Send them a personal letter addressed to your employer and HR that you have been wrongfully denied payment;
2. If they don't respond well to you, send them a legal notice;
3. If they still don't respond well, you can file a Recovery Suit in the court.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato
Answer #2
582 votes
Yes, under what circumstances you had breached the NDA, you should ask the elaboration of the NDA plus reason.

First, give them normal application and ask them all reasons regarding stop payment, try to avoid any legal fighting it will be great if you sort it out by open talk with HR and operation manager.
Helpful? LawRato LawRato

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."