quesExtra salary to full time emloyees

The indigenous Indian company I am working with has downsizes in March 2014 and the HR personnel told us, (not in written format) that they will provide the basic salary of April 2014 along with other remunerations(Gratuity, Earned leave in cash, and working days of March 2014). But the company now says they wont provide the basic salary of April 2014 although they paid all others remunerations, except extra month payment.

My main Query is, Is getting extra month payment our right?, or Was it just a goodwill of company to provide the extra month payment, which they can alter as I mention above? If this is our right then how can we receive it? There are hundreds of employees who suffered due to this downsizing and the volatile policy of company. Please guide us on our employees right as per IPC, regarding the extra payment, when company layoffs.

  • ansIt is nothing but retrenchment in the sweet name of downsizing, There are legal formalities for retrenching people for which the company has to pay prescribed compensation. All the retrenched employees now should lodge a complaint before the local labor commissioner.

  • Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only

    Know More
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • IPC Section 201 - Causing disappearance of evidence of offence, or giving false information to screen offender
Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

I was worked with one jewelry showroom, handling sales there and i was best performer…

my father who is a JE in jamshedpur. the office has charged him with some…

I was suspended 1months and held in suspension pending enquiry for 4months. but our management…

Hv worked for 10.5 yrs Max Speciality Film Ltd.(a unit of Max India). Had to…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly