Did not serve service period. Job abandoned.

I worked in MNC for 2 months and moved to USA on B1 Visa. I found an employer in USA, who can file H1B for me. So, i decided to trigger exit from my employer, and told i could not serve the notice period. Now, I got an letter from my employer that , my job is abandoned due to absence to work and i have to pay around 3 lakhs otherwise legal action will be taken. I have signed a term and conditions with my employer like below clause. Pay for your notice in lieu there of on your Annual Gross Compensation. Need Help.

Answers (1)

332 votes
Did you give your reasoning in resignation letter for leaving the employer? Have you received reliving letter etc? What did your employer say regarding you leaving without notice? Your employer is entitled to get the amount since you have breached the terms and conditions of your service. However, make a representation to your employer higher authorities and go for settlement.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles