Company not paying my dues. How do I recover my money after resigning?

The company I worked in for more than 1.5 years stopped paying my salary after December, 2013. I quit this job in February 2014. I was working as a Senior Soft Engineer. My salary of almost 1.5 lakhs is pending from their side including the paid leaves and so on.

Even after asking them for the pending salary no action was taken. What legal remedies can I take to get my stuck money?

If your job was of a supervisory nature as per your 'Senior' Designation, we suggest that you should send the Company a Legal Notice by way of Regd. AD and Speed Post for payment of your salary and other dues within a stipulated time period or else you shall initiate legal proceedings.

In case the payment is not released by the company within the time period, you can then file a civil suit against the company for recovery of salary and other dues as debt. The amount payable to you is in the form of debt on the company and you can hence initiate an action for recovery of this debt. The court fee is about 2-2.5% of the amount you are claiming.

On the other hand, 

If your nature of duties would come within the purview of "workman" irrespective of ostentatious designation adorned upon you, then you can file a case before the authority under the Delhi Shops & Establishment Act (if you are working in Delhi), who is the Deputy Labour Commissioner. 

Applicability of the Industrial Disputes Act: 

The Industrial Disputes Act extends to whole of India and applies to every industrial establishment carrying on any business, trade, manufacture or distribution of goods and services irrespective of the number of workmen employed therein. Every person employed in an establishment for hire or reward including contract labour, apprentices and part-time employees to do any manual, clerical, skilled, unskilled, technical, operational or supervisory work, is covered by the Act. This Act though does not apply to persons mainly in managerial or administrative capacity,persons engaged in a supervisory capacity and drawing > Rs.10,000 per month or executing managerial functions and persons subject to Army Act, Air Force and Navy Act or those in police service or officer or employee of a prison. 

Alternatively, you can file a claim petition before the authority under Payments of Wages Act. A labour court judge is generally designated for this purpose. Or alternatively, you can file an application under Section 33 C(2) of the Industrial Disputes Act.