Company did not accept resignation,now asking for notice period amount

I was working in a reputed company from last 3 months, i had health issues and I hadn't recieved a single rupee fron d date of joining, because of these 2 issues i applied for resignation, but manager told me to withdraw my resignation saying that he will put me for another process and also will be gtng my salary by month end, so i tuk it back. By mnth end both the things didn't happen wich dey assured me, so again i applied for resignation and dey didnt accept it, so i didnt have any other way , so i just left the job. Now i recieved a discharge notice saying that i have pay the notice period amount , wich I m not willin to, because i was ready to serve the notice period when i gave resignation but they didn't accept it, so how fair is it to send such notice that too without giving my salary, dey are asking me to pay, i dont know what to do, please help me with this. I haven't signed any bond

Answers (1)

60 votes

Private employment is governed by your employment contract.

For a specific answer to your question, and to look at what all option your have, your employment contract need to be looked into. Generally, there are 2 options available to every employee at the time of resignation.

Either you can serve the notice period specified in the employment contract or you can pay your monthly salary for the notice period month(s) as mentioned in your employment contract / letter.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles