Can I apply for my father's job after his death

In Labour & Service Law
Respected Sir, my father has passed away in 2011, my father worked in Revenue Department. when my father was died he is on duty. my father has 2 wife's and i am the child of first wife i.e legally wedded wife. my mother a living with me. due to some matters with my second mom (2nd wife of my father) i am not applying for the compensation appointment within one year of my fathers death and till date. i want to apply this job, now i am job less and i want this job can i applying the compensation appointment. please give me answer thank you..

Yes, you can claim for your father's job on compensastion grounds. As per the decision of the Supreme Court the appointment on compassionate grounds cannot be rejected merely on the ground that the benefits have already been taken by the family members.