Can I apply for my father's job after his death

Respected Sir, my father has passed away in 2011, my father worked in Revenue Department. when my father was died he is on duty. my father has 2 wife's and i am the child of first wife i.e legally wedded wife. my mother a living with me. due to some matters with my second mom (2nd wife of my father) i am not applying for the compensation appointment within one year of my fathers death and till date. i want to apply this job, now i am job less and i want this job can i applying the compensation appointment. please give me answer thank you..


Yes, you can claim for your father's job on compensastion grounds. As per the decision of the Supreme Court the appointment on compassionate grounds cannot be rejected merely on the ground that the benefits have already been taken by the family members.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Labour & Service Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I was employed (Date of Joining 04-03-2002) in Road Construction Department, Government of Jharkhand on the post of Correspondence Clerk which had pay…

Read More

We had been selected for Postal assistant in year 2013-14 . after which department published our final result on website . After which department aske…

Read More

I joined KPIT Technologies Ltd. on April 3, 2018 as a fresher but after training of one and half month. I found that work is as told during interview …

Read More

I am working in an govt. PSU. I am selected for higher post in other PSU. for this i gave intimation letter to my current employer. But did not took N…

Read More