quesCan company verbally terminate for coming late to office in 20 days?

What legal remedy can I take against a company who terminated me in 20 days saying I was not coming to office in time? I had informed them earlier and had informed the HOD as well. I only have the offer letter.


They verbally terminated and gave me nothing is writing. I was working as the operations executive.


  • ans


    As you have stated that your services were terminated verbally without any notice, you have a strong prima facie case against the company for illegal termination and non-payment of salary. You have to file a civil suit against the company for claiming your full and final settlement along with damages and compensation.


    You will not be able to claim reinstatement from the civil court (Civil Court cannot set aside termination of private sector employees).


    You have the following points in your favor:


    i. Breach of contract:


    No notice was given to you before terminating your services. You need to see your offer letter and the contract with the company as to the time period stipulated for giving the notice of termination.


    ii. Violation of Principles of Natural Justice:


    You were not given any reasons for termination and further you were not given a fair hearing before terminating your services.


    iii. Non-payment of salary:


    However, we would be in a better position to advise you once we are able to view your appointment letter and service agreement.


    Please try and procure a copy of the employment contract as that shall also be beneficial while filing the recovery suit.


    Kindly contact us for any further details and action.


  • Send Legal Notice For Recovery Of Dues From Employer With Expert Lawyers
    Know More

    Click here to see all Labour & Service Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Labour & Service Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Labour & Service lawyers in India

Similar questions

Hi I am working with a KPO farm as manager. Since I was not happy…

My company receives payments via PayPal to my bank account currently. This payment is from…

I hired hash digital Pvt. Ltd. to develop my website 0n 14th October 2016. they…
Dear sir I have selected for teacher primary in govt job.i have not mentioned about…

Labour & Service Lawyers in India

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)

 Experience: 17 years

Advocate Harish Malhotra

  District Court
 Experience: 19 years

Advocate Sunil Dalal

  New Friends Colony
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Rajesh K.S

  Rajaji Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>