×

quesCan company refuse commitment of warranty if original invoice missing?

Can a manufacturer / company insist on production of original invoice and refuse to honor its commitment of warranty offered for an article (spectacles) in case the buyer is unable to produce original invoice?

The invoice being computer generated at the time of sale by the seller and all details i.e. invoice no, date, amount, mob no. etc. etc all are available in the computer of the seller.

We have to examine the warranty policy and procedure, in case if in the warranty procedure it is mentioned that you have to produce original invoice in such a case you will have to produce the original invoice. 

As an alternate measure, in case the warranty policy requires you to produce the original invoice, and if the invoice is computer generated by the retailer, you may approach the retailer and request for another copy of your purchase citing details like date, name, etc.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only