×

quesApprover for departmental promotions

I am a Banker against whom a CBI case was pending in which I was A2. Due to which my promotions were held up. Then I filed a CMP for becoming an approver and prosecution supported my petition and Hon.Spl.Judge of the CBI Court tendered me pardon u/s 5(2) of The Prevention of Corruption Act, 1988 which was accepted by me. I have submitted the copy of the court order to my employer and requested them to note the same in their records. I was due for departmental promotion but the bank's vigilance department has not cleared my name for promotion saying that though I was made an Approver the case is still pending in the court. Whether the bank's stand is correct or whether I am eligible for promotion. What is my status in the case am I an accused or witness?

• ansThough you have turned approver, technically you are still an accused person. In that context the bank can withheld your promotion till the trial is completed and the accused persons gets convicted resulting in your acquittal. However you may try your luck in the meantime by applying before the CAT.

• Send a legal notice for recovery of dues from employer @ Rs. 1999/- only