What action can a bank take if a card debtor moves to another country

25-Aug-2023 (In International Law Law)
I have unpaid credit card debt when I was working abroad. I am in India since 2015 & I am currently not in a position to repay. Collection Agencies are threatening me with a legal case. What is my legal stand?
Answers (3)

Answer #1
595 votes
As I have responded before we can get it quashed and settled before commission. Bank has lien over dues and can have charge on the same. Will need to see the notice served. As if now same can be sort out.
Answer #2
896 votes
In which company/ country u were working? What kind of visa u have ? Pls write in detail so that best legal remedy available for u I can advise u. Fix an appointment with me and ce with all documents.
Answer #3
757 votes
They can file a legal case against you. However, I would suggest that you may contact the Bank and enter a settlement agreement instead. That would be suggestive. It would be better if you let a lawyer speak on your behalf.

Please contact.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."