How to safeguard against cheque bounce case?

I resigned from the post and company relieved me at that time. I submitted all the belonging of company. They verbally told them that my bond is waived off. But now I got a notice for cheque bounce. What should I do?

I resigned from the post and company relieved me at that time. I submitted all the belonging of company. They verbally told them that my bond is waived off. But now I got a notice for cheque bounce. What should I do you can file a suit for that

The legal notice which you might have received would be under section 138 of Negotialbe instrument act. First and foremost you dont have to worry about the cheque bounced if it relates to your previous company. You must immediately send a legal reply to that legal notice.

Give a reply to the notice received by you stating all the facts regarding the liability under which u have signed the cheque and today's status as well and your position in the company including waiving off the bond also. Rest can be cured in the court during the evidence stages.