Court fees to file a case for cheque bounce

In Cheque Bounce Law

Sir 2 years back we purchased a house by giving payment of Rs 700000/- but the builder not giving a house he kept another person as rented so we cancel that deal & asked our payment by regular follow up he give 200000/- & for balance he give cheque of Rs 500000/- it get bounced & we want to lodge compalaint against bounce so please advice what is the court fees for that

Answers (3)

306 votes

Court fees is 10,000/- for 5 lakhs.
The court in who's jurisdiction you are to file the case is the branch area you have deposited your cheque. Do send him a statutory notice before filing the complaint within 30 days of the cheque being bounced.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

212 votes

Dear client u have to first send legal notice through lawyer within 30 days from cheque bounce date. If other party not make payment then u have to file cheque bounce case under sec 138 of n i act. Tje court fees for filing case is 2% of amount. For any legal help call me

Adv prasad patil


Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
36 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
29 years Experience
Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
38 years Experience
252 votes

Dear sir,
Court fees defers from State to State, and i am not aware where you held from. However, in Maharasthra it is 2% subject maximum Rs.1,50,000/- Further, prosecuting the builder in Section 138 is best remedy for you to recover your money and you should make hurry to file case. Kindly consult the lawyers immediately to file case.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles