Case for cheque bounced in Mohali be filed in Bangalore

I have an agreement with a construction company that they will pay 20% interest on my amount and they gave post dated cheques for all the amount they owe me (including principal). Jurisdiction in agreement says Mohali and I stay in Bangalore. After 18 months cheques started bouncing and I wanted to file a cheque bounce case on Construction company in Bangalore. Does courts in Bangalore have jurisdiction in this case?

Answers (2)

233 votes

You can present your cheque in bangalore in your bank account and when it is bounced cause of action to file complaint lies in bangalore only so present cheque meet advocate and file complaint do not worry

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

94 votes

Sir, you have not mentioned about wher u have presented the cheque. If you presented the cheque in Bengaluru, then the jurisdiction is concern, Bengaluru Court wil get jurisdiction to file your case against the accused. You have to file the case wher u present the cheque. The accused can take advantage that the jurisdiction get at Mohali as per the Agreement, but where you present the cheque is important to decide the jurisdiction. If you want further details, plz contact me.

Popular Cheque Bounce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Cheque Bounce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles