What to do if wife parents are threatening me to cancel the marriage

I'm 25 years old and I got register marriage on 23rd may 2018 without intimation in home. Now in girls home dey are torchering her and locked her in room . Their parents are asking me to sign on documents to cancel this marriage .girl family has political background so I can't even go to police station . They even threatened me of killing and all . Please help me what should I do .thank you.

Answers (1)

349 votes

If your wife has been locked up in the room then you can file a writ of habeas corpus in the Supreme Court requesting that the woman be produced instantly before the court.
Further, there is no such thing as cancellation of registration of maarige has been solemized then only divorce will result in separation.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."