What to do if my family is forcing me to get married

Dear Sir, M 32 yr old girl, staying in Gujarat. M a working girl & i have my some ambitions but my parents & brother are forcing me to marriage. Even they already decided my marriage to someone. If i refuse to marriage they forcing me to stop my job, thay shouting me, hitting me, they told they will come at my work place & creat a seen over their. They make me financially week, So after that i have no option except marriage. What should I do?? Pls suggest.

You are adult of 32 yrs and at this age no one can force you to do anything for your life, law says no one can force you but if your family is forcing you then you can ask abhayam helpline to help you. This is your life and there is no law which forces someone to do anything without their consent.

hello,
do not worry about your problem..there are so many way to protect your self from your family harrasment.taking appropriate legal action against your family and be safe your life.if you want to personal guidence from my side kindly contact through lawrato.com..take care

You have to intimate your parents as well as the proposed your fiance/person regarding your career and ambition and don't want to marry in short period. There after if not result comes then file complaint before the police station concerned regarding forceful marriage. It's side effect is that you may loose all relationships with family and friends due to police complaint so do that steps after deep thinking

Hlw ma'm..you can take legal action against them but you should not..u should to meet that guy with whom ur marriage has been fixed..clearly tell him that u want to continue ur recent job after marriage..for further query kindly call...

When you are working then why are you worried...........If your family members are forcing you for marriage then first of all try to make them understand that they cannot do the same against your will. Next if they are restricting you for your job then also just tell them if they will prevent you from doing your job then you will be bound to file proceedings against them under the Protection of women from Domestic Violence Act
But it can be solved by way of talking in the family..so try it first

Adv. Suneeta R. Shukla