What relief is available against physical torture by husband?

My husband always torture me physically and mentally ..I married since 28 years and I can't afford his torture .what are the laws for it

Answers (4)

Dear Client, Just google. "Domestic Violence Service providing Center of your District", Take the help of the Service providing Center by visiting them, the designated legal officer will guide you through the procedures, Please tell if you you need interim maintenance , then only they will take steps to file interim maintenance to extract maintenance from your husband . Adv. Sachin

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You can approach concerned Magistrate by filing a petition under "Protection of women from Domestic violence act". From there you can get protection from mental and physical harassment from your husband by appropriate orders.
For getting monthly maintenance you can approach concerned Family court as per Sec.125 of Cr.P.C. you may get divorce also under Sec.13 of Hindu marriage act

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience

Their are many legal remedies available for you . You can approach magistrate court and file case against your husband as per DV Act , u can file 498 case against him . In all matters you have to maintain medical records to prove your case against your husband for physical torture.
Further you can also file case for divorce under cruelty ground .

The solution is very simple. You may go to the local police station and submit a complaint of Domestic Violence before them. If the police refuse to register a case, you may approach the nearest Magistrate Court in the area through an advocate. In case you need any assistance please contact me.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

My sister has been married for 13 years + with kids(12 &11 yrs) Her mother in law ,sister in law &husband torture to my sister from last few y…

Read More

My wife has filed a DV case against me in the month of march'18. I got the notice on 23rd march. I was worried as this was unexpected. Court has f…

Read More

I need a urgent answer right now as my father is a senior citizen and his age is 67 but harass me everyday mentally and abusively and kick me outside …

Read More

Had a love marriage 6 yrs back against parents wish. In laws accepted me later but from tat day onwards dey torture me mentally. It's fine beyond …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue