One of the best Advocates & Lawyers in Kochi - Advocate Lawrence D Cunha

Advocate Lawrence D Cunha

LawRato Verified
LawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRatoLawRato 5.0 | 5+ user ratings
LawRatoErnakulam North, Kochi
LawRato16 years Experience
Practice Areas
Banking / Finance, Civil, Court Marriage, Documentation, Domestic Violence, Family, High Court, NCLT, Property, RERA, Succession Certificate
Language(s) Spoken: English, Hindi, Malayalam
Advocate Lawrence D Cunha completed his law in the year 2008 and has been providing services in various fields of law, that is, Documentation, Family, Property, Civil, Banking / Finance and drafting and vetting of various agreements and documents.

Advocate Lawrence enrolled with the Bar Council of Kerala in 2008. He is a member of the Kerala High Court Advocates Association & Ernakulam Bar Association.

Enrollment Number : K/12/2008
  • District Court, Ernakulam
  • Kerala High Court

Recently Contacted Lawyers in Kochi

Popular Reviews

There are no reviews yet for Advocate Lawrence D Cunha. Please consult the lawyer through LawRato if you wish to leave a review.

Questions Answered by Advocate Lawrence D Cunha

Q: Carrying forward the partition if one the family member is not ready

So my grandfather 4 kids,my father his brother and two daughters.My grandpa passed away few years ago and he had changed certain properties to my fathers and uncles name. The remaining properties are not legally in anyone's name,although he has written in his diary that it should be divided between the four kids equally.Is the valid or not? Also one of my aunt's refuses to attend the partitioning saying that it should be done when she feels like it,other three owners are in need of money and needs partition what should we do?I belong to OBC Hindu religion.

Advocate Lawrence D Cunha answered
You can get the property partitioned through a civil court. Before that you have to send a notice to all the persons who have lawful right in the property. In case you need any assistance you may contact me

Q: Notice received to guarantor for not paying loan amount by person

I’m personal loan guarantor to someone who has defaulted several emis. The person was my colleague but is now not working with me. I have his phone number but is not answering my calls. I’ve received a notice from an advocate asking to pay dues or bank will file lawsuit. The notice is on his office address but since he isn’t working here with me, obviously he won’t get the notice. What do I do now.

Advocate Lawrence D Cunha answered
The borrower and you are equally liable to repay the loan amount in full. You have to find out the present whereabouts of the borrower and his address. Also you have press him to repay the loan installments. Otherwise bank will file a recovery suit before the court against the borrower and you.

Q: Bank files cheque bounce case against NRI as not paid EMI dues

I am an NRI, due to some financial crisis i could not pay my personal EMI. Now the bank had filed a cheque bounce case against me. My father received a call from the bank lawyer today to appear in court on this coming sunday which is not possible for me. How can i solve this issue

Advocate Lawrence D Cunha answered
Sunday is not a working day for the court. So it seems that it is false information. You may directly call the concerned bank and ascertain the fact. It may be a call for adalath which means that the matter can be resolved through mediation between the bank and you. So the better option is to contact the bank. They may allow some relief by way of extension of period for repayment of the loan.

Q: Visitation rights of husband when charged for case u/s 498A of IPC

My friend's wife and family filed 498A against him recently.(not divorced).But his wife is pregnant for 6 months. Will he get the permission from court to see his newborn baby and frequent visitation at any cost ?? What are the legal remedies to get the permission to see his baby??

Advocate Lawrence D Cunha answered
Every thing will depend upon the outcome of the proceedings in the case under sec 498A. If the court finds that your presence in the house where his wife and baby are staying; is dangerous to peaceful life of the baby and the mother, then the court may refuse to allow you to see the child. The outcome will depend on the evidences on record.

Q: How to sell land if owner cannot move or speak

The land (ancestral) is in my father's name. But he cannot move his hands nor talk (he is not responding at all) because of a stroke that struck couple of months back. So he cannot sign or nod his consent. But my mother need to sell the property for treatment purpose. So how to proceed further. The land is in Trivandrum, Kerala. Appreciate any help towards this. Thanks and Regards, 

Advocate Lawrence D Cunha answered
You can file a petition before the appropriate court through your mother to appoint your mother as lawful manager and guardian of your father who is ill for the management and sale of his properties. You father will be asked to undergo medical examination by a panel of doctors to confirm his sickness. Thereafter court will give an order to your mother being appointed as the manager and guardian of your sick father. Thereafter she can sell the property on behalf of your father. In case you any further assistance, you may contact me.

Frequently Asked Questions about Advocate Lawrence D Cunha

Can Advocate Lawrence D Cunha represent me in court?

Yes, Advocate Lawrence D Cunha can represent you in court. The lawyer is trained to present your case in the most effective way possible.

What should I bring to my initial consultation with Advocate Lawrence D Cunha?

When you meet with Advocate Lawrence D Cunha for an initial consultation, it is important to bring any relevant documents or information with you. This may include documents related to your legal issue, such as contracts or court orders, as well as any other relevant information, such as a list of questions or concerns you have about your case.

How do I prepare for my initial consultation with Advocate Lawrence D Cunha?

Before your initial consultation with Advocate Lawrence D Cunha, it can be helpful to think about the specific legal issue you are facing and any questions or concerns you have about your case. You should also gather any relevant documents or information that you think may be helpful in understanding your situation.

What should I expect during my initial consultation with Advocate Lawrence D Cunha?

During your initial consultation with Advocate Lawrence D Cunha, you can expect to discuss the specific legal issue you are facing and the details of your situation. Lawyer will ask you questions to get a better understanding of your case and will provide you with information about your legal options and any potential outcomes.

How do I communicate with Advocate Lawrence D Cunha?

It is important to communicate with Advocate Lawrence D Cunha regularly to stay updated on the progress of your case and to discuss any new developments or concerns you may have. You can communicate with the lawyer through phone calls, emails, or in-person meetings.

How much does it cost to hire Advocate Lawrence D Cunha?

The cost of hiring Advocate Lawrence D Cunha can vary widely. Some lawyers charge hourly rates, while others charge a flat fee for their services. Some also offer free initial consultations to discuss your case. Kindly contact the lawyer directly to enquire about the fee.