Visitation rights of husband when charged for case u/s 498A of IPC

My friend's wife and family filed 498A against him recently.(not divorced).But his wife is pregnant for 6 months. Will he get the permission from court to see his newborn baby and frequent visitation at any cost ?? What are the legal remedies to get the permission to see his baby??

Answers (4)

From your query, What I can understand is this 1) A case under sec.498A of IPC filed by the wife against your friend is pending 2) your friend want to see/visit his new born baby..
Of course a father is entitled to see /visit his child. Pendency of case under sec.498A of IPC is not a bar to see /visit the child. You can approach a family court and file petition for the custody of the Child and interlocutory application seeking visitation / interaction rights.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Visitation rights depend on the orders when you file a OP before the respective Family court.
Your friend will have to file a OP before the family court to get visitation rights and the same is possible only after the child's birth.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Hai, Ur friend like only his baby, tell ur friend to like his wife also, After the birth of this baby, file op Petition for guardian ward in family Court getting an interim order to visit the baby, make counsilling method to reunion both of them .thanks to join, wish u a good life

Every thing will depend upon the outcome of the proceedings in the case under sec 498A. If the court finds that your presence in the house where his wife and baby are staying; is dangerous to peaceful life of the baby and the mother, then the court may refuse to allow you to see the child. The outcome will depend on the evidences on record.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

kya mai apni saas or nanad ke khilaf case dal sakhti hu . mere pati inke behkave me akar muje dat te hai ulta sidha kahte h . maine love marriage ki t…

Read More

me and my husband is living separately since from 2014 . i just wanted to know the procedure of divorce in this sitution…

Read More

Sir, main or meri wife 2 years sa ak sath nahi raha raa. par mera 3 years ka baby ko bi dekna nahi deta. may divorce ka liya raji nahi hu.mera wife di…

Read More

I want to take divorce but my family not support they are trlsiing if i will take divorce they kill me i also had triyed for sucide n now i want to li…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue