property issue after husbands death

can i file a case to get property after my husbands death leagally .?I have 2year old daughter and 7 year old son.and the property is in my father in laws name

Yes you can.

You and your children have a right to the property of your husbands share.
Would you happen to know the details of their property? Was there a will?

I could assist you better if you could provide me with more details.

Respected

As you told, the property stands in the name of your father in law, hence you cannot claim the proeprty since hte proeprty itself is the self acquired property of your father in law. If your husband having any ancestral property, then only your kids get the share in that proeprty. Need discussion to answer your question. You can contact us or contact any known advocate.

Dear Sir,
Your deceased father is entitled for a share in the properties of his father. If they refuse you may claim maintenance and permanent alimony from your parents-in-law for yourself and your children. You may also stay in their house as it is your Matrimonial house.