property issue after husbands death

can i file a case to get property after my husbands death leagally .?I have 2year old daughter and 7 year old son.and the property is in my father in laws name

Answers (3)

325 votes

Yes you can.

You and your children have a right to the property of your husbands share.
Would you happen to know the details of their property? Was there a will?

I could assist you better if you could provide me with more details.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

338 votes


As you told, the property stands in the name of your father in law, hence you cannot claim the proeprty since hte proeprty itself is the self acquired property of your father in law. If your husband having any ancestral property, then only your kids get the share in that proeprty. Need discussion to answer your question. You can contact us or contact any known advocate.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
37 years Experience
215 votes

Dear Sir,
Your deceased father is entitled for a share in the properties of his father. If they refuse you may claim maintenance and permanent alimony from your parents-in-law for yourself and your children. You may also stay in their house as it is your Matrimonial house.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."