Procedure for taking legal guardian for my aged dad

My mother was a bank employee She passed away a few months before. Please Suggest if there are any laws which enables me to take guardianship of my aged dad who is incapacitate mentally and physically(Paralytic Amnesia) from past 13 years to process family pension in his name. Please note: I have already applied for legal guardianship of my younger sister with Down syndrome, from National trust Can I be a legal guardian even for my dad ?If so from where do I get it ?

Answers (1)

130 votes

Although I don't handle such cases, after consulting with few of my advocate friends, I am replying that you can add your dad name in PPO to receive pension. And you can also apply for legal guardian ship, you need to approach the district level committees under The National Trust for Welfare of Persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities Act 1999. They manages such assignments and they may be able to help you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."