Partition of property(family's)

How can grandson (above 18yrs old) claims for his grandfather's property?

Answers (2)

You can file partition suit, even though the documents relating to the property not lying with you. You have to obtain certified copies of the documents pertaining to property along with encumbrance on property certificate and Market Value Certificate from concerned Sub Registrar. Death Certificate of your grandfather parents and your mother will be required which you can get from concerned municipal authorities. prepare a detailed family tree by mentioning all the family members and share belongs to you and others. If property is in joint possession a nominal court of Rs.200/- only applicable. Yes basing on property details you can get documents in respect of property. you can also collect some data on online and under Right to Information Act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

in this regard, i advice you to file for the partition of property, for the said purpose you need to under stand that there are two kind of properties separate and Joint Family Property. If you provide me answer as to how your grandfather has died, has he died living behind will then it will testamentary succession and if he has died without any will then his property will devolve on you and his other legal heirs as per intestate succession. For Further clarification, please contact.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Sudershani Ray
Kailash Hills, Delhi
12 years Experience
Advocate Geetinder Singh
Lawrence Road, Amritsar
8 years Experience

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

My dad sat on a inherited shop of his great grandfather. That shop was owned by my great grandfather. But since he passed he hasnt gave the shop to an…

Read More

very very bad relationship with me , continuous disturb in midnight to my old parents , he also a spyco patient.. need advice.. as he want to sign doc…

Read More

Can i propose to sign an MOU with my spouse to legally seperate without any alimony or maintenance and no visitation rights to my daughter…

Read More

Hi sir I want to know about hebeas carpus writ i had filed a petition against my wife father they kept my wife without her permission so when my heari…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue