Partition of property(family's)

How can grandson (above 18yrs old) claims for his grandfather's property?

You can file partition suit, even though the documents relating to the property not lying with you. You have to obtain certified copies of the documents pertaining to property along with encumbrance on property certificate and Market Value Certificate from concerned Sub Registrar. Death Certificate of your grandfather parents and your mother will be required which you can get from concerned municipal authorities. prepare a detailed family tree by mentioning all the family members and share belongs to you and others. If property is in joint possession a nominal court of Rs.200/- only applicable. Yes basing on property details you can get documents in respect of property. you can also collect some data on online and under Right to Information Act.

in this regard, i advice you to file for the partition of property, for the said purpose you need to under stand that there are two kind of properties separate and Joint Family Property. If you provide me answer as to how your grandfather has died, has he died living behind will then it will testamentary succession and if he has died without any will then his property will devolve on you and his other legal heirs as per intestate succession. For Further clarification, please contact.

Advocate Geetinder Singh
Lawrence Road, Amritsar