×

quesmarriage without parents permission

My girlfriend's parents have found out our desire to get married and they are not letting her return. Both of us work in Delhi. She stays in Bihar and right now they are not letting her come back. She has asked me to come there and help her escape. Can her parents charge me for kidnapping her? If yes then what are the safeguards?Both of us are 25 years of age.

• ansHer parents can file a false case of kidnapping against you. However, as both of you have attained the age of majority there is no legal action which the police can take against you if the girl gives a statement to the police that she has come out with you with her own free will.
    As it is common knowledge that police in India ranks the most corrupt government departments the possibility of police being involved with the parents of your girlfriend is very high.

In order to protect your rights you may move to the HC to seek protection from any kind of harassment by the police and/or the parents of your girlfriend. If such an order is passed by the HC the police will not even think of violating your legal rights.