Marriage cancelled by groom deny to return money

My marriage is called off by the groom side and they are not returning the money which they have taken to fix the venue what should I do

Answers (4)

230 votes

You may approach the civil court to claim refund of the money taken by the groom. You may also lodge a police complaint for cheating you and your family. Your marriage prospects are lowered due to cancellation of your marriage thus you have right to seek remedy by way of filing suit for damages.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

110 votes

You could file a complaint before the jurisdiction police.
If their is element of dowry demand or any other illegal demands in connection with the marriage you could incorporate the same in your compaint.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Nikhil Singh
Singh & Associates, Hubli
2 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
111 votes

You can file a police complaint along with wedding invitation card and Bank details.You can also file a civil suit for specific performance and also claim damages.Is there any valid reason for their withdrawal?

139 votes

Go to the police station and file a case for cheating and misappropriation of money and you can also file case for dowry harassment if they had demanded and when your parents failed to pay they cancelled the marriage.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."