Legal procedure for court marriage

My boyfriend is 27 and I'm 25 we were in love for 6 years now and we decided to marry. My family is not supporting me. What do I do? They are troubling not only me, they are even bullying him. Kindly help.

Answers (2)

337 votes

Since you are major both of you can marry under special marriage act by filing an application for marriage before marriage registrar and wait for one month and after one month completed you can get married before marriage sub-registrar. You have to take two witnesses on the marriage day,while filing the application you have to submit age proof, address proof (SSLC certificate). One month notice is compulsory.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

86 votes

Dear client
According to Hindu marriage act 1955 Marriage should be solomanize if those are Hindu religion same as customary practice if not you undergone to special marriage act in your case you're both adults law permit to your marriage no one should be interfere .in this last week supreme Court also support your issue good luck.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."