Legal action against husband not willing to stay together

My husband purposely stays away from me and tells he doesnt need me. Please advice if there is anyway to sort this out legally?

Answers (4)

251 votes

The action of the husband amounts to marital cruelty. You can proceed against him for restitution of conjugal rights, getting maintainance or even for a decree of divorce. The option, or rather the discretion vests with you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

103 votes

you can approach the concerned Family court for obtaining an order for restitution of conjugaral rights. You can also file case for getting monthly maintenance ( if you have no source of income) from your husband who withdrew you.
You may also file proper complaints before police against your husband stating these..

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
71 votes

kindly be more specific , like (1) has he left you (2) do you still share a common roof, (3) has there been any domestic violence either from your husband or his parents or your in laws etc so that i can give you a specific answer for your query


147 votes

Talk to your husband , if he not at all willing to continue the relationship and even u want to separate then best option is mutual consent divorce . You will be separated after filing petition for divorce by mutual consent before family crt with in u r jurisdiction . After 6 months after filing petition u will get divorce .

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."