Implication if father's name changed.

My husband passed away in 2015.We filed compensation case against insurance company of the culprit vehicle. a)If my & my daughter's sir name will changed after my remarriage what will be the effect on compensation that we r going to get? 2)Does my n my daughter's rights will remain the same with my husband's property after i get remarriage OR what will be the implication on the property rights. 3)After my remarriage, what is the process of adoption of my daughter by my new husband does it required to change her sir name? I am hindu.

Answers (1)

274 votes

1. After your remarriage there shall be no effect on your Daughter Rights . her rights will be absolute .

2 with regards to your rights it will be dicey situation, however, your daughter rights will be updisputed.

3. there is a process in the Corporation for a adoption, and I don't think so it is required to be registered.

4. I would suggest that before your proposed marriage you first resolve the dispute with insurance company and property so that the proposed marriage will be not be hurdle for you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."