Husband having extramarital affair he wants to leave but wife does not

My husband having extra marital affair with a married lady how can I file complaint against them he want to leave me but I dont

Answers (4)

do go and file a complaint in your concern police station or you can mediate him by involving your elders both from your parental side and maternal side this will help you in your further life you can even involve good friends n this.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Helo, if he is having extra marital affair then you can file a complaint against him but but burden of proof it will up to you means you will hav to prove your case with credible evidences that he is having extra marital affair. For more information and procedures contact me. Thnx

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Of course if you are interested to file a case against your husband but your relationship with your husband may be effected so very first you should make yourself mentally prepare to file such case against him.

unfortunately according to section 497 of ipc only a husband can proceed against another man who have extramarital affairs with his wife but viceversa a wife cannot. but in your case that lady is married so only husband of that lady can proceed under section 497 of ipc against your husband.
but you can proceed for matrimonial relief on the ground of adultery such as judicial seperation or divorce petition interalia claiming maintenance with your husband

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Is it mandatory for the legal heirs to give no objection for probation of a will? If so then what is the utility of a wil? The persons deprived might …

Read More

Dear Sir, Me and my husband agreed for MCD in family court. He agreed to pay 10 lakhs rupees for the settlement. He gave 5 lakhs for the withdrawl of …

Read More

Hi, I am a NRI and my wife is of Indian origin. She is filing a false dowry case on me. She is asking me money for settlement in family welfare s…

Read More

Husband and wife lived in mumbai which is in the name of Husband's Father with two children both girl one aged 22 and 2nd 14.. Husband passed away wit…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue