What is the procedure for a court marriage

22-Apr-2023 (In Documentation Law)
What is the procedure for court marriage? Do I need to hire a lawyer or can I do it by myself?
Answers (6)

Answer #1
647 votes
Hire a lawyer and rest of all he will do.
Preparation of file with all affidavit,notary,photo, application drafting all documents which need to be submitted to Temple/Gurudwara etc.
After marriage a marriage certificate will be issued by Temple/Gurudwara authorized person which is used for Registration of Marriage Certificate and for getting court orders for protection of couple.
Marriage never held in court. Court only grant order of protection to couple .
Another form of Marriage is Registrar Marriage(DC/DM) in this marriage a 30 Days prior notice will be issued . If anyone has not objection on marriage during 30 Days then registrar will held marriage on 31st day and you will be issued a Certificate of Marriage Registration.
You can all do yourself but its better if you hire a lawyer .
Becoz a little mistake or omission in Document result in unnecessary delay in marriage


Answer #2
818 votes
First you will have to do arya samaj marriage if you are doing it independently, and if you are doing ut with the consent of parents as a normal marriage then you will have to apply for registration thereafter with proofs
Answer #3
510 votes
It will take 2 hrs for whole process u need to sign an agreement and som documents. Along with your sime personal documents are also required. Marriage certificate will be issued same day.
Please contact me for more details.
Answer #4
662 votes
Total time period of court marriage is around 45 days that's why I suggest you go Valid Arya Samaj Mandir and do marriage from Mandie you will get Marriege Certificate and after that you can registered your marriage in SDM Office of your location. This is very easy, fast, and safe solution for any Couple. In court you have to
1. apply first online
2. Send hard copy to concerned office with all documents
3. Verification step will taken
4. Appearance
All long process
Answer #5
771 votes
Yes court marriage is the same as registered of marriage before registrar.2 witness with aadhar card & pan card.for getting register of marriage.bride &groom should also ve id proofe&date of birth certificate.
Answer #6
561 votes
Court marriage is different from registration o marriage in court marriage procedure proper marriage takes place in Arya samaj Mandir and then it will be registered and two witnesses are also required.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."