quesSuccession certificate.

My wife was govt employee deceased in feb 2007 leaving husband (myself) and a 4 months Son. She took House building advance from office where she works also i am working in the same office. My inlaws asked information of her account receivable and payables to office under RTI. Office declared the matter disputed and asked me and my inlaws to bring the sucession certificate after that my inlaws produced the WILL in front of office which was not at all in existence also there are many mistake in the will such as house details are not written correctly her address is not written completely where she resides while making will.

Is the office stand legal to ask for succession cert and held up the matter? all the due receivables and payables PF, death grautity, house loan payment are held up till date? House was nominated to me and society and grampanchayat did all the trasfer procedure to my name i have submitted all the transfer documents to the office and requested to free the house since it was nominated to me by form "K" which relates to nominatyion in co hou societies and shown my interest to pay up the dues outstanding on house but still things are pending house is in my possession interest burden is increasing office calling my inlaws but they are not coming. i feel my son and myself are the legal heir? can you please write what would be the judgement regarding succession certificate?

my in-laws have submitted the will in court too. what is the rules for Providend fund? my office says there is no nomination in pf account? my in-laws received the amount of my wifes LIC policies around 7 lakh policies was taken before marriage and they were nominee in that. i am aware that nominee is only liable to receive fund but he has to give it to legal heirs. but they are not giving. what is the time period to claim the amount from them it is now complete 7 years. Can my son claim the amount after he becomes major?

  • ansOffice is justified in asking for succession certificate. If will is produced probate is necessary as far as house is concerned nominee is only a trustee for all legal heirs . on your wife death . her mother you and your child have 1/3rs share in house. If in laws have produced will and notice served upon you then you have to oppose grant of probate as will is forged and fabricated. If no nomination is made in pf account then you would need succession certificate to get provident fund dues.

    Section 39 of the Insurance Act says the appointed nominee will be paid, though he may not be the legal heir. The nominee, in turn, is supposed to hold the proceeds in trust and the legal heir can claim the money.in your case you and your child have claim on said proceeds received by your in laws . you should file claim within period of 3 years.

  • Apply For Name Change In CBSE Marksheet/Birth Certificate
    Know More

    Click here to see all Documentation Legal Services
  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Documentation lawyers in India

Similar questions

Sir my date of birth is 22/7/2000. I have my birth certificate also but in…
what is time period to issue a NTC from the date of complaint any recent…
I want to gift car bought by me 2 years back to my mother. How…
wish to open a hookah parlour in mumbai. What all are the requirements and legal…

Documentation Lawyers in India

Advocate T Kalaiselvan

 Experience: 16 years

Advocate Barkha Bhalla

  Banjara Hills
 Experience: 14 years

Advocate Unmesh Gopal Dindore

  Shaniwar Peth
 Experience: 9 years

Advocate Amit Sharma

  Greater Kailash 1
 Experience: 11 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly