Procedure to get Partnership Firm Registered

Hi, I have registered my firm online with Registrar of Firms Website through Form A (The business shall be one in Agricultural products and I have given my home address for the same). I have a couple of questions being: Whether Do I need to apply for Gumasta License if I am going to do the business from my Residence (there are two partners)? After the Form was submitted successfully I have received a documents check list to be submitted in physical form which includes (I) Certified True Copy of the Partnership Deed; (II) blank stamp paper of Rs. 10/-; (III) Authority Letter signed by Partners if the documents are submitted by a CA or an Advocate (is this still to be submitted if I am personally submitting the documents: this was showing as mandatory); (IV) Covering Letter- can you please explain what this is? Also kindly let me know if I am supposed to take any other steps or follow some other procedure to go ahead in this matter? Thank you in advance

Answers (1)

278 votes

Registration Procedure: A partnership firm can be registered whether at the time of its formation or even subsequently. You need to file an application with the Registrar of Firms of the area in which your business is located.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles