×

quesNo original documents available

My husband had a business of sanitation. He was a sole proprietor of the business, expired on 5th December, 13 December to illness. All his original documents are with my in laws who are not ready to give it to me. I have only xerox copies of those documents. When i went to the bank to stop money being withdrawn from his business accounts the bank is asking for the original documents. But i don't have his account number or passbook but shown him the copy of his trade licence but asks for the original documents what can i do now.

• ansYou may apply to court for a succession certificate in respect of the assets of your late husband. You may also apply for and get certified copies of the original title deeds from the local office of the registrar of assurances. You may also give a lawyer's notice to the bank to stop all transaction in or pertaining to your husband's account(s) until you are able to get the succession.