Inter religion marriage.

I am a guy aged 27 yrs, loved a girl (presently aged 25) truly from past 8 years. She too is a awesome girl, loves me a lot still but the problem is we belong to different religion and the girl's parents are not in agreement to this. I convinced my parents and they accepted this and even went to the girl's house to speak but the girl's parents refused. I have done a lot to the girl emotionally, financially in fact sacrificed a lot, professionally as well. Now the situation is such that the girl doesn't want to marry against her parents wish. I feel cheated and my life is ruined. I want to fight this out legally now as it is a do or die situation for me.

Answers (1)

403 votes
Legally every individual, if adult has right to decide and select the best course of option in life, which is guaranteed in our Constitution. There is not much you can do if the girl has decided not to go ahead for the marriage.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
15 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles