How to get my passport issued without my spouses name on it?

Hi Team, I need your help to resolve my query on passport. I wish to apply for passport without my spouse name, as I am going to file a divorce petition in the court. in affidavit (K) its written "That my passport be issued without my spouse name. In the eventuality of a Court declining to decree divorce, i will get the passport re-issued with spouse name within three months thereof. my question is what is the meaning of "In the eventuality of a Court declining to decree divorce" in the affidavit. Please help me to understand this to get the correct affidavit to apply for passport. Thanks

Answers (4)

188 votes

This question has been answered by one of our lawyers. See answer below.

298 votes

As per annexure k you can have passport without spouse name when divorce is not granted or divorce petition is pending and when such divorce petition is pending and divorce is rejected later on passport will be issued with spouse name. That's what it means.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

189 votes

If you are in Mumbai, best option is to visit Worli passport office and enquire. There are regulation changes. If your divorce is not granted you will have to inform the passport office and get it reissued.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience
322 votes

it means that if the Court does not grants or permits or allows the divorce as contemplated by you then in such an event, you will have to re-apply for the passport and inform the authorities about the rejection or refusal of the Court to grant divorce and in such situation, you will have to get new passport with the name of your spouse !

hope this has clarified your doubt ! !

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles