Grandfathers pattayam lost how to get duplicate copy

my grandfather's pattayam and adharam lost, and my grand father and grand mother passed to years back, in this situation how can we get duplicate pattayam or aadharam

Answers (4)

304 votes

It appears that the query is based on incomplete understanding of the issue. A pattayam is grant by the Government whereas an adharam is deed of transfer by way sale or gift. The particulars of these documents could be available with the village office based on the mutations (pokkuvaravu) carried out. The duplicate of adharam could be obtained from SRO and that pattayam (if available) from the Village/Taluka Office.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

83 votes

You can file an application before the Land Tribunal Court for the certified copy of the original pattayam. You have to submit the photocopy of your title deed and the basic tax receipt along with the application.If your original title deed is lost you won;t get the duplicate copy of that . However you can get the certified copy from the SRO.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Prerna Oberoi
Sector 41, Noida
8 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
50 votes

Usually when a title deed (adharam) is lost, we have to register an FIR regarding loss and also a paper publication asking if somebody got it specifying a time limit to return if received. Then obtain a certified copy from the Sub Registrar's office and again make a paper publication stating the details of the said certified copy (stamp paper number etc) and informing the whole public that since the original is irrecoverably lost, the said certified copy will be treated as original for all purposes.

251 votes

you must inform registration office it is lost then get it published in newspaper and give an affidavit. if you need format please contact me. then apply for duplicate patta and deed with their death certificates legal heir certificate etc

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles