Daughter refuses to sign for legal heir certificate to get bank amount

My husband passed away few months back.Iam house wife and I have 6 daughters and one of my daughter stays with me in our house which my husband legally gave to her as gift deed.As my husband mentioned my name as nominee Iam getting monthly pension (he is retired teacher). Now my one of my daughter is not ready to sign to get legal heir certificate which the Bank needs to be produced to get money deposited in my name .Can I get that certificate with other 5 daughters or any other way to distribute the property among my other 5 daughters

Answers (2)

212 votes

If you are a nominee, then there is no requirement for legal heirship certificate, just death certificate is sufficient to get the bank account balance transferred to your name. ||||||||||||||||||||||

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

60 votes

If your husband had nominated you for his deposits, there is no need for consent from your daughters for claiming the deposit proceeds from the bank. Legal heirs certificate is not necessary. Please ascertain the factual position from the bank.

Popular Documentation Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
26 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh K.S
Subedar Chatram Road (SC Road), Bangalore
14 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Documentation Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles