quesWife living in my house even after divorce

My divorce case is pending in the district court since the last five years. I am giving an alimony to my wife of about 15000 per month. She was living with my mother in law since 2 years. Last week she came into my house and now she is living in my house.

I want to know can she live in my house like that? Can I stop giving her alimony? I filed the divorce and the ground for divorce is that she is mentally ill. The doctor's statement has been recorded in court.

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansShe can certainly live in your house unless there is a restraint order from a court.

      You cannot stop giving alimony to her as alimony is being paid on court orders. You can request the court to free you of the obligation to pay alimony to her as she has now returned to your house.

    • File Mutual Consent Divorce @ Rs. 25,000/- only

      Know More
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    Two weeks back my wife parents asked for 5lakhs for mutual divorce. unfortunately, my parents…
    hi sir/ madam  i have been married for past three years and from past My…
    I want to take a divorce from my wife so need to know the procedure…
    do we have to pay interim if the wife is highly educated,not willing to go…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Nagesh B L

     Experience: 23 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly