×

quesWife living in my house even after divorce

My divorce case is pending in the district court since the last five years. I am giving an alimony to my wife of about 15000 per month. She was living with my mother in law since 2 years. Last week she came into my house and now she is living in my house.

I want to know can she live in my house like that? Can I stop giving her alimony? I filed the divorce and the ground for divorce is that she is mentally ill. The doctor's statement has been recorded in court.

• ansShe can certainly live in your house unless there is a restraint order from a court.

You cannot stop giving alimony to her as alimony is being paid on court orders. You can request the court to free you of the obligation to pay alimony to her as she has now returned to your house.