What to do if wife has filled 498A against me ?

I m a govt employe and My wife is also. First my wife always need divorce on phone call i have that call recording with me even her friend also called me. He also told me to file divorce but when i filed my wife now ignore. Now she is saying i want fo make family and in local police station she complain against me.i m having 499a and other cases. What should i do now. Please help me

Answers (4)

117 votes

you must immediately contact an advocate and must proceed further in order to safeguard yourself. your wife must be stopped urgently otherwise, it may harm you and your family severely. further details can only be explained after a face to face interaction.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

91 votes

It is unfortunate that the provision of Section 498A is being misused in this manner now a days. In your case the situation is a bit worse, as, if you are arrested and detained in the custody you may be placed under deemed suspension in your service, hence immediately you will have to file an application for anticipatory bail before you get arrested and once you are granted anticipatory you won't be arrested any more, then you can prove your innocence before the Learned Court below. All the best. Regards

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
334 votes

If your wife file a 498A case then you can file a quash petition to the Hon'ble High Court under section 482 of the Code of Criminal Procedure for quash the criminal procedure against you . and you can contest the divorce case.

349 votes

you have to fight it out with help of a good lawyer and put all evidences before court that your wife has filed false cases against you and hence it will amount to cruelty and hence you will be granted divorce.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles