What to do if husband wants divorce and I do not want divorce

mare husband punjab police mein h on probation period but he has extra marital affair with divorcee girl,near about 2year ho gye he torture me mentally and physically choti choti cheeze ke liye bhi tang krte h,mujhe koi paisa tak nei dite and mare parents financial strong bhi nei or mari love marriage h jabki mari marriage mare parents ki merji se hamari apni cast mein ho rhi thi but mare husband ne mari marrige todwa di ye kh ke maine hi tete sath krni h nri to main mar jaoga or mare parents ko convence krke hamari shadi ho gyi.4 saal ho gye h shaadi ko or inka 2affair h.no child,ab husband ne divorce ka case file kr rkha h but mujhe koi summon nei aa rhe maine online check krwaya tha.3month ho gye ghr bhi nei aate abhi training chal rhi h but training mein chuti pr bhi nei aye ghr.khte ki nei rhna tere saath,main apne inlaws ke ghr rh rhi ha.mujhe divorce nei cahida.main inke saath rh skti ho ya nei kyuki huby ki posting ho jaegi april mein training ke bad.plz advice me all points.

Answers (5)

First of all file case against ur husband in DV act . you can also file case him section 9 of HMA . if he has already file the divorce then the same court to file an application under sec 24 of HMA for maintenance & litigation fee for the divorce case

adv pradeep sharma(sankhian)

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

You can file case of domestic violence against your husband. You have also right of residence in your in laws house. In addition to this you can get monthly maintenance from your husband for your day to day expense.


Adv malhotra

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience

Never give him mutual consent divorce. One thing if you don't want to divorce your husband just don't leave his house on any condition for that it is possible that you may face certain hardships and don't ever agree for mutual divorce u/s 13b of hindu marriage act let your husband fight the case against you .Contest a divorce against him it will take him long time to get decree of divorce against you may be a year or more it is still possible that at the pedency of case he may change his mind and agrees to stay with you. one this never beg him to stay with you just keep peace with him. Good luck, feel free to call.

You can contest the divorce petition filed by the husband. Also you can file restitution of conjugal rights application under section 9of Hindu Marriage Act for direction to your husband to reisde with you. Also if you're not being paid maintenance, you can file application under Section 125 of Cr.P.C. for maintenance from your husband.

You should file maintenance claim petition in his case and should contest divorce petition file against you fly your husband. If he seeks ex large divorce then you would be in trouble. You may also file restitution of conjugal rights.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I m a doctor(pursuing DNB). Wife also a doctor non working MBBS. Both Muslims. 3 yrs of marriage. 1.5 year old baby girl. 5 months back in July 16 her…

Read More

I know a lady who is cheating on her husband and is in an extra marital affair with another married man. What all evidences are acceptable to get a di…

Read More

I have been married in December 2011. But my wife has an affair from last 5 months. I have a call recording conversation between my wife and her boyfr…

Read More

I am living separately from my husband since last year because he cheated on me and harassed me mentally and physically. Husband has filed a case unde…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue