×

What to do if husband wants divorce and I do not want divorce

mare husband punjab police mein h on probation period but he has extra marital affair with divorcee girl,near about 2year ho gye he torture me mentally and physically choti choti cheeze ke liye bhi tang krte h,mujhe koi paisa tak nei dite and mare parents financial strong bhi nei or mari love marriage h jabki mari marriage mare parents ki merji se hamari apni cast mein ho rhi thi but mare husband ne mari marrige todwa di ye kh ke maine hi tete sath krni h nri to main mar jaoga or mare parents ko convence krke hamari shadi ho gyi.4 saal ho gye h shaadi ko or inka 2affair h.no child,ab husband ne divorce ka case file kr rkha h but mujhe koi summon nei aa rhe maine online check krwaya tha.3month ho gye ghr bhi nei aate abhi training chal rhi h but training mein chuti pr bhi nei aye ghr.khte ki nei rhna tere saath,main apne inlaws ke ghr rh rhi ha.mujhe divorce nei cahida.main inke saath rh skti ho ya nei kyuki huby ki posting ho jaegi april mein training ke bad.plz advice me all points.

First of all file case against ur husband in DV act . you can also file case him section 9 of HMA . if he has already file the divorce then the same court to file an application under sec 24 of HMA for maintenance & litigation fee for the divorce case

regards
adv pradeep sharma(sankhian)

You can file case of domestic violence against your husband. You have also right of residence in your in laws house. In addition to this you can get monthly maintenance from your husband for your day to day expense.

regards

Adv malhotra

Advocate Preeti Joshi

Never give him mutual consent divorce. One thing if you don't want to divorce your husband just don't leave his house on any condition for that it is possible that you may face certain hardships and don't ever agree for mutual divorce u/s 13b of hindu marriage act let your husband fight the case against you .Contest a divorce against him it will take him long time to get decree of divorce against you may be a year or more it is still possible that at the pedency of case he may change his mind and agrees to stay with you. one this never beg him to stay with you just keep peace with him. Good luck, feel free to call.

You can contest the divorce petition filed by the husband. Also you can file restitution of conjugal rights application under section 9of Hindu Marriage Act for direction to your husband to reisde with you. Also if you're not being paid maintenance, you can file application under Section 125 of Cr.P.C. for maintenance from your husband.

You should file maintenance claim petition in his case and should contest divorce petition file against you fly your husband. If he seeks ex large divorce then you would be in trouble. You may also file restitution of conjugal rights.