what to do if hearings are not happening in a case of 498A

I got married 2.5 years back but had to leave my husband's place within 8 months of our marriage. He used to get angry on every silly topic and abused me physically, mentally and emotionally even in front of his or my parents/relatives. In the course of his anger he also verbally abused his parents. He used to break mobile laptop mirror anything that comes in his hand. Take knife and threaten to suicide or hit me. He drank phenyl once just to grab neighbours attention. He was taken to psychologist who told he is not normal but we can handle such cases. I don't have those reports now. He tortured me so much that I came out of his house and living separately. I think he is mentally sick. I have NC against him and I have filed 498 A against him in Feb 2018 this year. Chargesheet is filed but there is not even a single hearing till now. I want to get out of this marriage ASAP. Please help. I am hindu.

1st of all u can said you going to psychologist and said its not normal if that report is u have and its any proof also u have too this guy is not a normal and its about 498 case its in ahmedabad city than some problems to case not going to speedily if u required lawyer than contact me

You may file Divorce case if you want to get rid of the marriage. May be within few months talks can lead to mutual divorce and at the same time you may withdraw the said case under section 498A. ....

you said you want to get out of this marriage but you have not filled a divorce case. 498 is not for divorce and you have not filled any proper case for which you can get divorce. i think you should consult a lawyer for the same who can guide you properly.

Hi ,

If the matter have been chargesheeted, the court will soon issue summons to the accused persons.
If you want to get Divorce then there are 2 process one is mutual other is contested, better one is if family intervenes and the matter is settled mutually .

Thanks