What are the grounds on which court gives maintenance in divorce case

05-May-2023 (In Divorce Law)
I am hindu from haryana. I got married befiore 3 wife is bsc, unemployed, without any baby. I am doing private job with 1lac 16 thousand monthly salary in account. My case about to go to court. How much possible amount of maintainance have to be paid. If i take personal or car loan, will i able to lesser maintainance.
Answers (5)

Answer #1
615 votes
I will like to answer your query in 2 parts.

1. The amount of maintenance is approximately 30% of your net salary.

2. Actions you should take:
--- file a suit under section 9 of Hindu Marriage Act without fail as soon as possible.

Your basic aim should be to show that she deserted you without any specific reason
Answer #2
579 votes
Hello sir
Court can fix maintenance as per the provisions laid down in crpc 125 . Maintenance is her right. But in the wife is indulge in adultery there is no need to pay the maintenance. And your liabilities also considered as per rulings on Hon'ble SC.
Answer #3
829 votes
maintenance is depend upon living standard she may claim until remarriage . if she unemployed than court give her upto 30 percent of your total earning . it does matter if go for car loan or not . your lability before divorce matters.
Answer #4
643 votes
The amount of maintenance depends upon multiple things like
1. The status of living she was enjoying at the time when she was living with husband .
2. Is she employed/unemployed.
3. Was she working at the time when she was with husband .
4. the salary of the husband .
5. the reason why she wants to live seperately
6. does the husband wants to keep the wife with him or not

Some might says it will be 1/3rd of salary of husband or 1/2 but it is not so . There is no hard and fast rule for calculation of maintenance amount , It also differ upon the judge.

broadly as per your salary the wife would be entitled to an amount of Rs.25,000/- p.m approx. if you defend your case well. if not defended might be even more .
Answer #5
706 votes
Maintenance is given on the basis of income of husband. Court will consider the entire facts and will p order maintenance after looking into your total income. court will also see if your wife is earning or not

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."