U/s 24 of Hindu Marriage Act - reg

My wife is working and taking rs. 16,000/- per month while husband is taking rs. 40,000/- per month. She is filed maintenance u/s 24 of HMA in family court during divorce proceeding. Is she is entitled for maintenance u/s 24 of HMA?

Answers (3)

125 votes

in this regard, i would like to advice you that there are judgments on both the sides which says that professionally qualified wife is not entitled for maintenance but the same depends upon distinguishing your case with other case which is against you, as the landmark judgment passed by the Hon'ble Supreme Court, it has been clearly held that if the wife is earning also, then same cannot be ground for the divorce. It is pertinent to point out here that i was from the girl side in the said matter. For further queries, please contact.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

100 votes


In this regard, yes, your wife is entitled to maintenance under section 24. However, you have not mentioned as to who has initiated the divorce proceedings ,if she has claimed divorce, it depends on what grounds that she has alleged and you may be able to get away with paying lesser amounts. However it is dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case and how it is argued before Court.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
211 votes

Hi first of all what does the order say and all what is the. Case and all
About what is case how much are both of earning and all how much in the annual income and all of both the court can see that also and all u can challenge that in some court higher For it

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles