Sister's husband married again without taking divorce

my sister and her husband is not living together from 7 years and now her husband got married so how can she take action

Answers (5)

204 votes

Your Sister can file criminal complaint for lodging FIr against her husband for marrying with other womam without legal divorce from.court as well as civil case for restitution of conjugal rights and maintenance .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

236 votes

For better guidance you require to say the whole story of your sister in details, cause of separation and what are the cases pending in a court, if any, family details of both sister and her husband and also details of his second marriage etc.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
336 votes

sue him for bigamy. under the HMA and other laws of state, one cannot remarry without seeking divorce from first spouse. So this will be better approach nearest family court and initiate appropriate proceedings against that person.

248 votes

She can file bigamy case and she can also file appropriate oetition before the court of law. She can claim all her rights from her husband bit she must have proof to support her claim before the court if law

73 votes

Hi good evening she can file a case of divorce in court with all the proof and all she had with her she can also file a case for the maintenance and all there should be enough proof that during the marriage he had been going around with someone so a case can be filed against the husband

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles