Procedure to get divorce and child custody from wife

My wife left me on 25-02-2016 and she is not coming back to me. She has started job at her father's home. She Denise to come. We have a child boy. How to get divorce and child custody.She has changed name of my child without informing or asking me. I'm Hindu

Answers (3)

277 votes

you have to file divorce petition under desertion where you have not to pay any maintenance and file petition under section 25 of guardian and ward act for custody of minor under section 12 of guardian and ward act for interim relief custody.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

269 votes

The information given by you is not sufficient to guide you properly. But you can send legal notice to your wife to call her back at your home. Wait for her reply if she deny to come back home. File a case of child custody and divorce on the ground of desertion by her and cruelty.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
296 votes

Where you are staying? Where your wife is staying? Which city? We can file Application for child custody and divorce if its Ahmedabad. We practice in Ahmedabad Family Court. It will take 2 months for child custody application and 6 months for divorce.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles