Procedure to file for divorce & maintenance by wife under muslim law

Married under muslim law for 43 years. Need divorce from husband. Have left him, but no means of income. Living with daugter. Husband never supported financially, raped and physically and mentally abused.

Answers (3)

266 votes

Your marriage year?
When started quarrel or misunderstanding
Way of marriage
Your residing and your husband residing place
You give further details
Your have children?
Your husband working or not
Contact an Advocate

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

308 votes

if husband is economically strong then maintenance u/s 125 of crpc may be filed. If the husband is not like one, it would not get good result. The person has not shared any more important history about her marriage

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
320 votes

Hello Madam,
The maintenance provisions under Criminal Law applies to every citizen irrespective of their religion. The Supreme court have held those provisions to be as secular and it doesn't preclude any person belonging to any religion. Hence you can claim Divorce under Muslim Law and Maintenance under Criminal Law.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles