×

Presenting alimony DD before the court as wife's lawyer misbehaved

I got married in Mar'15 and filed for mutual divorce in Jul'17. I stay in Delhi and my wife was from Lucknow. As per MOU signed on first motion, I gave a DD of 500000 and a PDC of 1000000 on the condition that I will be giving DD of the same amount at the time of second motion and would get my PDC back. All case were withdrawn. I filed a case in high court for FIR quashing and my wife appeared and gave her statement that we have an agreement in place. High court directed the lower court to act as per mutual agreement. But, at the time of my appearance in lower court with my mother and brother, my wife demanded DD in advance to which I denied. Judge allowed us to sign on the basis of high court order. But the lawer of my wife started beating me in court and we showed the video to judge and after watching it judge gave us police protection. Now my question here is, am ready to give DD but only in front of judge at the time of second motion as per MOU. What i should do now?

there are many things too you individually can do which i cannot suggest you to do in this forum but it is bad on part of the lawyer do full-fill the criteria of one time settlement between the two of you.

File a complaint against your wife's lawyer in bar council along with a copy of video in which he misbehaved with you, as Hig court had already directed to the lower court to dispose the case according to the mutual agreement submitted by you and your wife then you should submit your application to present the dd on the final judgment day.

Advocate Preeti Joshi

request judge to waive off the month waiting period as u fear for ur life or any other xyz reason agree with wife to take cheque , draft as soon as divorce order comes. discuss it with ur lawyer .contact fir further info.

You cannot be compelled to give DD before if you are ready to give as per MOU. And as to the lawyer beating you. You can file a misconduct case against him in the local bar.
Just stick to your mutual agreement and act as per that as it shall act as promissory estoppel for both you and your wife for digressing from it
For further query Contact -
-Adv. Pury.
Take care and regards.