Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Presenting alimony DD before the court as wife's lawyer misbehaved

I got married in Mar'15 and filed for mutual divorce in Jul'17. I stay in Delhi and my wife was from Lucknow. As per MOU signed on first motion, I gave a DD of 500000 and a PDC of 1000000 on the condition that I will be giving DD of the same amount at the time of second motion and would get my PDC back. All case were withdrawn. I filed a case in high court for FIR quashing and my wife appeared and gave her statement that we have an agreement in place. High court directed the lower court to act as per mutual agreement. But, at the time of my appearance in lower court with my mother and brother, my wife demanded DD in advance to which I denied. Judge allowed us to sign on the basis of high court order. But the lawer of my wife started beating me in court and we showed the video to judge and after watching it judge gave us police protection. Now my question here is, am ready to give DD but only in front of judge at the time of second motion as per MOU. What i should do now?

Answers (4)

there are many things too you individually can do which i cannot suggest you to do in this forum but it is bad on part of the lawyer do full-fill the criteria of one time settlement between the two of you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

File a complaint against your wife's lawyer in bar council along with a copy of video in which he misbehaved with you, as Hig court had already directed to the lower court to dispose the case according to the mutual agreement submitted by you and your wife then you should submit your application to present the dd on the final judgment day.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

request judge to waive off the month waiting period as u fear for ur life or any other xyz reason agree with wife to take cheque , draft as soon as divorce order comes. discuss it with ur lawyer .contact fir further info.

You cannot be compelled to give DD before if you are ready to give as per MOU. And as to the lawyer beating you. You can file a misconduct case against him in the local bar.
Just stick to your mutual agreement and act as per that as it shall act as promissory estoppel for both you and your wife for digressing from it
For further query Contact -
-Adv. Pury.
Take care and regards.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Fixed Cost Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 2499
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 999
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 499
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 19999
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 25000
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Fixed Price Rs. 9999
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

hi, my husband filed me on sec 13 a 1 for adultry, by this was happend 3 yrs ago. he forgave me 3 yrs ago, nw he is dating a girl past 1 yr, he is ask…

Read More

Hi, I am married in India according to Hindu marriage rules. Have been married for 3 years. Also have a baby. We used to live abroad. We have been hav…

Read More

i and my husband filled petition for mutual divorce under the section of hindu marriage act-13B, after cool period my husband withdraw on his mutual c…

Read More

Dear Sir / Madam I want to know about starting formalities of mutual or otherwise type of divorce filing. Also, do both the partners have to come for …

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue