Physically abusive husband asking for divorce remarry.

I was married in 2012. My husband is physically abusive. I have a daughter as well. Presently i am staying with my parents house. He is continuously asking for divorce saying that he wants to marry someone else. He also saying if i don't want to divorce him then my parents have to fulfill his monetary demand. What can i do in such situation?

Answers (1)

470 votes
You can lodge a complaint to the Police and file a case for cruelty and physical assault.

You can also file a maintenance case against your husband for maintenance yourself and your child.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles