×

Not asking for divorce neither willing to live together.

Me and my husband are married for 7.5 years now.we both are hindus's .From past 4 months we are staying separately.I saw him buying gifts for his ex and that is when the fight began. we had a fight for 4 months and then I called his parents for help they asked me to stay with my parents for some days and I followed.Now he is neither talking to our daughter nor taking any care of her.he refused to talk about the issue when asked by our close friend.he is not asking for divorce also. please suggest . Can I file for divorce and still be able to get alimony for me and my daughter?

I already replied to your query yesterday... Is there any reason you are asking the same query again.. If you still.have doubt's, please call to clarify the same and will be glad to assist you anytime.

under some circumstances you can also seek divorce and ask for maintenance for you. but he has to pay for expenses of daughter till she becomes major. What I suggest is that you can file for maintenance for both even now.

Advocate Preeti Joshi

Yes, you can file for divorce and ask for maintainance during the pendency of the case and also ask for permanent alimony. However, you need to show a grounds for such divorce, then only you are able to win the case.

First you send legal notice then you file maintenance after if necessary to divorce than file or demand for restoration of conjugal rights or file criminal case under section 498A including his ex girl friend