Not asking for divorce neither willing to live together.

Me and my husband are married for 7.5 years now.we both are hindus's .From past 4 months we are staying separately.I saw him buying gifts for his ex and that is when the fight began. we had a fight for 4 months and then I called his parents for help they asked me to stay with my parents for some days and I followed.Now he is neither talking to our daughter nor taking any care of her.he refused to talk about the issue when asked by our close friend.he is not asking for divorce also. please suggest . Can I file for divorce and still be able to get alimony for me and my daughter?

Answers (4)

I already replied to your query yesterday... Is there any reason you are asking the same query again.. If you still.have doubt's, please call to clarify the same and will be glad to assist you anytime.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

under some circumstances you can also seek divorce and ask for maintenance for you. but he has to pay for expenses of daughter till she becomes major. What I suggest is that you can file for maintenance for both even now.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience

Yes, you can file for divorce and ask for maintainance during the pendency of the case and also ask for permanent alimony. However, you need to show a grounds for such divorce, then only you are able to win the case.

First you send legal notice then you file maintenance after if necessary to divorce than file or demand for restoration of conjugal rights or file criminal case under section 498A including his ex girl friend

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I am kanchan this is my second marriage. This marriage is not court marriage. This is done by both of family willingness. so problem is that husband w…

Read More

Is it possible to get an X party divorce if my husband is just not ready to come down to India at any cost? He's a Belgian citizen and I'm an …

Read More

what can i do if the groom refuses to marry after all the arrangements for the wedding has been done. its a love cum arrange marriage. the groom says …

Read More

I am a wife and married for 5 years with one child. I am living separately for almost 2 years. I don't want to live with my husband . I've gon…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue