My bhabhie putting wrong allegations on whole family

Hi Sir, My brother and bhabhie are married from 7 years, due to my brothers drinking habit they fight with each other and sometime physically also. Now my bhabhie wants the divorse and putting wrong allegations to us. 1.) We support bhaiya after drinking. 2.) We lied to bhabhie family at the time of rishta about drinking habits. 3.) She is the only one handling the responsibility of our family.all is incorrect. She had already filled.compant against us, however she doesn't have any proof. Can you please let us know how we can protect ourselves. My father 60+ age My mother( 57 age) Self - 33 My wife -33

Answers (3)

205 votes

Dear client,
We have observed that once the family dispute arises, there is no end unless both party get resolved. Now, if she has aggrieved and bleming your family members and she might file complaint petition to court under section 498A, Domestic Violence, May be under Dowry Act , as guided by her parents.
You have not stated under what section complaint has been filed , so that legal advice may be given.
you may consult for the same legal advice, taking my contact no. from this platform.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

305 votes

Dear client,

Your bhabhi can file CAW cell complaint for registration of FIR under section 498A and 406 IPC against u and ur family members. if FIR has been registered u and ur family member has to take bail from the court. Dear client for more clarification u can contact me and I m happy to help u.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
341 votes


All depends on what the complaint copy has. Proof, witness etc come later. At this stage if the police has already registered a complaint then you must seek legal assistance for a proper approach to the complaint.

Feel free to consult me.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles