Mutual divorce procedure

Hi I am currently unemployed with two kids and need to know if mutually agreed divorce can be reached at the earliest

Answers (4)

You can take the divorce by mutual consent of both and it is possible to take the divorce earliest the procedure is given by the court to take the divorce earliest by giving request to the appropriate court

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes, Mutual Consent Divorce is a simple way of coming out of the marriage and dissolve it legally. Important requirement is the mutual consent of the husband & wife. There are two aspects on which Husband & Wife have to reach to consensus. One is the alimony or maintenance issues. Next important consideration is the Child Custody.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Yes one can opt for mutual consent divorce under section 13B of the hindi marriage act 1955 and get the divorce done within 6months from the date of filling the divorce petition that is the only simple way of coming out of the marriage and disslove it legally

mutual divorce time period is 6 month from filling of the divorce petition.
from when you both are seperated?
mandate condition of filing of divorce petition that husband and wife should be seperated of 1 year before filing of the petition.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Can someone cancell, nulify their void marriage after one year. If so every couple would give some excuses to court and use this method instead of mut…

Read More

we have filed a mutual divorce case of son . period of 6 month has been expired. but the advocate is still taking the date. case was filed by the she …

Read More

In which case other party is not eligible to ask for alimony amount from me?? If its a divorce without mutual consent…

Read More

Indian national married to foreign national -marriage registered abroad and NOT registered in india or any indian embassy- Living in India- Procedure …

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue